Monday, March 15, 2010

First Signs of Spring

While most people probably took last weeks warm weather, the longer days, and the tulips and daffodils popping up as the first signs of Spring, I saw my first sign of Spring Thursday afternoon when the The Greenhouse Tavern's twitter account posted the following message:
Got a shipment of morels & fiddleheads today can't wait to create our spring pasta. With this weather I bet we'll have ramps by April!
Followed by this picture:

Morel Mushrooms & Fiddlehead Ferns

As soon as I saw the post I knew I had to make a trip to The Greenhouse Tavern. I was so excited to see these gems of the forest making their way into an area kitchen! I don't know where Jonathon sourced these from, but I can't wait for them to start showing up in our forests over the next month or two along with ramps

We went tonight and had a great dinner with friends. The spring pasta with housemade pasta, morels, fiddleheads, and crispy pork was definitely the best dish of the night! I urge you to head out to your favorite local restaurant and check out their spring additions to the menu while you can!

Morels, ramps and fresh local asparagus are my favorite Spring foods. What are yours?

1 comment:

Please keep the comments clean