Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Old Carolina BBQ - Free Pulled Pork Jan. 27

This news was too good not to share with everyone out in the blogosphere.



If you've read through all my posts, you probably know I love the pig, every cut of it. That's why I have half of a pig, including the head, in my freezer right now. Pork shoulder, pork chops, and pork belly battle for my favorite cuts of meat, but since my favorite cooking method is probably smoking, the shoulder might win out. Nothing is better than making my own rub, tending the fire, and smoking a pork butt low & slow for 12 hours or more over apple & hickory wood in my Weber Kettle grill. Slow smoking meat takes a lot of dedication, patience, and commitment. It's not like a braise or roast you throw in the oven and it's done after a few hours. Pulled pork is one dish that I am confident I've mastered and I like my pulled pork as much as any I've ever eaten anywhere.

That being said, smoking during the Ohio Winter can be difficult. The cold weather makes it very difficult to maintain temperature on the grill so why not let someone else do it for you?  Old Carolina BBQ, regarded as one of the best BBQ joints in Ohio, is celebrating the grand opening of their new Akron location by giving away 2,000 pulled pork sandwiches. Additionally, all Old Carolna locations will offer $3 Pulled Pork Sandwiches and $10 Full Slabs of Ribs through Sunday, January 31st. So whether you are close by or just craving a pulled pork sandwich, head down to Akron and take advantage of this great offer. Let me know what you think if you do!

1 comment:

Please keep the comments clean